Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A "Love"ly Meal

I'm so glad to know how to cook (and that my hubby knows how to grill). Going out to eat really is becoming less enticing to me the more we learn how to prepare at home. For instance, last night we had a very special Valentine's dinner: Beef filets wrapped in peppered bacon (and grilled to perfection), baked potatos, large garden salads, homebaked whole wheat bread--from scratch!, sparkling white grape juice, and oodles of homemade chocolate-covered strawberries. It was completely indulgent, and we savored every last bite. And the best part about it? (Well, ok, the second-best part; the best part was its yumminess.) It only cost around $11. That's total, for all three of us...four, if you count secondhand food. I guess we could've gone to McDonald's for that same amount of money, but this was slightly better.

3 comments:

Krista said...

My mouth is watering. I'm so excited about having my own oven next year. I can practice some recipes! I agree. Homemade meals are the best, and eating out can never measure up to it. :) I think you'll be proud to know I'm making dinner tonight for a friend. Fajitas! It'll be a first for me... :) TTYL Steph!

Krista said...

Hey :) The fajitas turned out pretty good for my first time making them! Next week I am making breakfast tacos (potato and egg!) for dinner :) It should be fun.
My parents sent me a Fossil watch. It is really unique and I like it a lot! Oh and I know I was also sent a special card by... YOU! Thanks so much! I got it in the mail today and it was very thoughtful! And yes.. I will be your valentine, and no, I cannot refuse the offer to watch the kids! I'm so excited! Thanks so much for the beautiful card, I can tell you put a lot of effort into it! :) I love ya'll! :) I can't wait to see you! *hug*

Anonymous said...

Stephanie - You have got to cook for me again and me help too! I have got to learn as I am just struggling with what to have every week that is not a grilled chicken dish or spagetti! Ha! :) Sarah