Wednesday, October 04, 2006

We're sold on E-bay

I mentioned in an earlier post that we've gotten on board with Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover in order to eliminate our debt. One of his suggestions to boost income for the short term is to sell things. Yes, big things if needed, but in our case, we don't have car loans, and we're not hiding a boat in our backyard. We do, however, have a surplus of "smallish" things that we're able to sell, and it's exciting to see our Paypal account grow in direct correlation to our garage piles shrinking!

In fact, Dave recommends "selling so much that the kids start to worry they're next!" I don't think they have that to fear, although I have considered renting them out to the grandparents! (What do you think, grandparents? The laughs alone should be worth quite a bit, right?")

Anyway, Emma's been in on this whole process, helping me box things, "tucking them in" with packing paper, going on frequent outings to the Post Office and UPS store. She strolls her brother while I carry the boxes. So she knows what's going on. Maybe a little more than I realized.

Today I started cleaning up, putting a puzzle of hers away in it's box as she ate lunch, and she frantically inquired, "Mommy, why are you putting that in a box?? Puh-leez don't take it to mail off!" Poor girl. She's got my number...

No comments: