Monday, January 22, 2007

A Happy Homecoming

After a week of gloomy, icy, rainy weather, we got to bring Elizabeth home yesterday on a glorious Sabbath. The sun was shining, all was peaceful, my beautiful family arrived to pick us up at the hospital, and we all made our first symbolic truck ride home together---a family of five.

We arrived to a spotless house and wonderful lunch, courtesy of my amazing parents and mother-in-law who all tag-teamed like a well-oiled machine to prepare the home for our entrance. It was a great way to start our time together as a growing family.

Of course, today was a bit more of a reality check, with Garfield going back to work, all of us quite sleep-deprived, and the kids being, well, three kids. Things always seem overwhelming when you've got a newborn nursing 'round the clock. It makes it difficult to even function on the lowest "mommy level", which is why I'm glad we still have Grandma here helping. I now know and expect that it takes a full 2-3 months for the adjustment of a new baby to "click", and things to start falling into place. So for the time being, I'm just trying to enjoy this precious new baby, along with her older sister and brother who love her to pieces already. They can't get enough of her.

Here are a few pictures of the past few days:
Elizabeth Noelle Green, weighing in



Proud Daddy now has another girl in his life!



I just met you, but there hasn't been a moment when we didn't know each other



Party of Five



We've expanded our home by 2 feet!


Thanks for all your support, prayers, and messages...we truly appreciate it. More pictures and info to come!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Stephanie! What a precious family. Steven gave me your blog address, so I have been checking in the last few days! I can hardly wait to see more pictures.

Christie Jones Vance

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you guys! She looks adorable and I can see everyone is so happy to have the extra "two feet". Take care. We are so glad everything went so well.

Chelsea said...

You look radiant! Let me know when I can bring you a meal...

Krista said...

awww! Y'all are so cute! I love the "party of five". I can't wait to meet her!! :) She is beautiful, just like her mommy!

Hofwoman said...

She is precious indeed! I hope that everything adjusts smoothly. Praise God for grandmas!

Candace/Chloe said...

Beautiful baby and a beautiful family! We're so happy for you guys! Much love!

Shelley Roberts said...

We are SOOOO jealous of all that hair!! Steph you look great! Such a BEAUTIFUL family!

thecolonelswife said...

You are so gorgeous - even in the hospital! How do you do it? You are in my thoughts & prayers as you adjust to life with another addition!

Anonymous said...

Sheeesh...two days with the kids was WAY too short, especially my few sessions of quiet with "Baby E" (and yes, though I know you don't like the moniker, I'll likely end up calling her 'Dear Lizzy' like Mr. Bennett did with his favourite daughter in Pride & Prejudice).

Another keeper, I say; let's take that 'Baby-Gaga' ticker off the blog header now, eh what?

You did well, as always, child.

Grandfather

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations Green family.
:-) You all look wonderful, and that new little one is very precious. We miss you!

Anonymous said...

♥ ur gorjuz family! congrats!

Sarah Meche said...

Ahhhh, a Party of Five! The kiddos look great and their parents look so wonderful too! Steph, how do you do it? You look so great for just giving birth!! Hope you and the family have a wonderful time adjusting to having a new addition to the family.