Saturday, October 25, 2008

Words from the Garfields

From the big Garfield, in response to me looking in the mirror (reluctantly) and commenting on how I look like death warmed over after vomiting for a week straight. His reply? "Na, just death heated to a gentle, rolling simmer, but not warmed over." Thanks a lot, dear.

From the little Garfield, who was my lucky companion as I braved a trip to Taco Cabana. Crispy tacos sounded like they may agree with me, but I knew I wouldn't make it all the way through the drive-thru without being sick. So I pulled over to an obscure part of the parking lot with a grassy area first, and told Buddy Boy that I'd be back in to get him a taco in a minute. I faced away from him, wondering how scarred he'd be by watching me be sick. But what did he say when I got back in the van? "Mommy, why were you looking for tacos in the grass?" Good---completely clueless!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

how cute! I miss those naive times! :D

Ashley said...

you are awesome...lots and lots of prayers coming your way.

Anonymous said...

Check my blog for my new barf-on-the-go idea. We haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I'm sure that day will come.

Chelsea said...

I am so sorry you feel so ooky. Why don't you call me next time you get a craving? You can happily urp in the privacy of your own home and get your crispy tacos delivered to your door. Seriously -- I'm not busy right now.

Stephanie said...

Thanks so much, Chels. I may just take you up on your offer one day, but only if you promise to NEVER mention crispy tacos to me again! ;)

Cathryn said...

You are amazing! I can't belive you do all you do while being so sick. I wish more than anything that we lived closer so I could take the kids for a day or clean your house! Know that you have our prayers! Love ya!

Stephanie said...

Oh, Cathryn, there is NOTHING amazing about me, esp. right now. Trust me, I'm doing nothing but being sick and laying around. My husband, and occassionally my mom, are doing all the rest. I'm not cooking, cleaning, laundering, etc. I usually don't even know what my kids are doing and/or eating!