Sunday, November 02, 2008

Pining for the Pineywoods

I was supposed to wake up to this view today...

This is what it looks like at the Pineywoods Family Retreat that our church goes on each fall, where we do a lot of canoeing, some hiking, a little dancing, lots of delicious eating (of food we don't have to prepare ourselves), and a whole lot of just chillin' as a family. It's wonderful, and something my kids talk about all year long.

Well, this year Mommy just had to be a spoilsport and decide that a 6-hour van ride and a shared bathroom were most likely not going to work out so well under current conditions.

So last year's memories will have to last one more year...



...and Lord willing, there will be six Greens in attendance next Fall. Are the pre-registration forms for 2009 out yet?

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh! I am so sorry you had to cancel. That is so hard. I hope you start feeling better really soon and maybe go make a memory with the family.

Candace/Chloe said...

Oh Stephanie, I'm so sorry! I know what you mean, though. I don't even know if I'll make it to HOPE next week let alone a trip!

Praying for you......

Cathryn said...

Because this is what is on my brain right now, what will you do about your yearly torture-the-family-for-a-Christmas-picture fun? :)

That place sounds like so much fun. I wonder if there is something like it around here?

Stephanie said...

Cathryn, yes, that is where we usually take our Christmas card picture. But before I knew we weren't going, I'd already decided that IF I feel well enough to do cards/pictures this year, I'll probably pull a cute one of the kids, along with a separate one of Garfield and I, that we took during the year. It's just so much easier.

I'm all for having a yearly family picture taken together, but I don't think this is the year for me to fight for it like I usually do. Trying to be realistic!