Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Guess who??



When I was pregnant with baby Garfield, any time Emma was asked if she wanted a baby brother or a baby sister her answer was the same. "Ummm...I want a baby mousy." Family and strangers alike wondered at her very serious, and consistent, response. We figured she deduced that a small mouse posed far less of a threat to her reign than either a boy or a girl. And besides, she thinks they're cute.

Yet she's managed to overcome her disappointment at not receiving a rodent sibling (thank goodness she didn't...read this post and imagine the disaster that could've arisen!) Now her main issue with her brother is trying not to squeeze him too hard. (That's my problem with him, too.)

Anyway, she's been a trooper and an excellent big sister, and we're glad she's getting her request this time. I guess Emma figures that even though brothers are great, she may as well collect the set---she's got Model A, now she needs a Model B.
Yep, another daughter is on her way!

We knew we'd be thrilled and excited no matter what we found out. What we didn't anticipate was the twinge of disappointment that would come either way from not hearing that it was the opposite gender. We love having both a boy and a girl so much, that we're certainly praying that we'll end up with more than one of each. Either way, it was a win-win situation. The Lord has blessed us with life in my womb, and we're so happy to have another tiny person in our family to love.

Now as for names, it's still a surprise. Unless my father succeeds in weakening me until I cave in. He's pretty convincing, so I'll let you know if we let the cat, er, mouse out of the bag.

9 comments:

Kim C. said...

Girls are great, esp. at the top of the birth order.
You question my credentials? OK, I guess I don't know what it's like to have a boy high in the list, since my little guy is waaaaay down at the bottom.
Congrats! Blessings, all of them!

Unknown said...

Girls are great no matter what order they come in. I'm a 1st child in my amily and Katie is num. 6. Although guys seem to do well high or low on the irth order. Anyways congratulations on another girl. I'm sure Emma is excited to complete the set one guy one girl. I loe sonogram pictures 1st photos and all.
We are so excited or you.

Krista said...

yay! I am so happy Emma is going to get her baby sister! I'm sorry it's not a mouse though... haha ;) congratulations Steph!

Hofwoman said...

Yay! Congratulations to you - we are so excited and can't wait for baby girl Green :)

Cathryn said...

I'm so glad Emma is getting her complete set! :)

At least there is someone else out there who can be my neighbor in the land of "If Only". If it had been a boy it would have ruined the girl, boy, girl thing you have going! I'm sure the next one will be a boy again to keep things even!

Anonymous said...

I Knew it!

Since this is the second time I've guessed correctly, you can bet I'm just ecstatic over here. I know Emma will just love having a little sister, but baby G? We'll see...

Congratulations, Greens!

Love,
Denise H.

Cottle Clan Dobermans said...

Woot another girl! That is fantastic-enjoy!

Shelley Roberts said...

Congratulations! We think little girls are just great!

Kristen said...

Yay for all of you! I'm hoping for a girl for us too. We'll soon see.