Friday, September 08, 2006

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:

...a time to be born, and a time to die;....a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance" Ecclesiastes 3:1,2,4

It's a day of conflicting emotions.

While on one hand I'm so joyful over the celebration of our son's birth one year ago today, my heart is also breaking for a family I don't even know.

Yesterday I found out about a sobering disease called Potter Syndrome, where a baby in the womb is known to have no kidneys. The baby is safe until birth, when they inevitably die within a few hours. To try to wrap your mind around this is agonizing. Going through the various stages of pregnancy and all they contain, then enduring labor and delivery, then meeting, falling in love with, and holding your baby, only to know you'll soon be losing and burying them, is beyond my ken. I simply can't imagine. Susan Godfrey is about to go through this, not for the first time, but the second.

Please consider joining the Prayer Chain set up by Dandelion Seeds. There are four days left until they induce Susan on the 12th, each of which must seem like a lifetime.

I don't know about you, but my difficult week seems delightful in comparison to trials of this magnitude. I am so quick to let my perspective be skewed. Forgive me, Lord, for thinking that home repairs and work problems are things to be anxious about.

"But now, O LORD, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand." Isaiah 64:8
Strange, isn't it, that this disease bears one of the names of our Sovereign?

I'll post later on baby Garfield's birthday celebration, which my husband has already partly documented here. For now, I have a baby to go hug on.

1 comment:

Hofwoman said...

Stephanie, when I first read about this situation, I just started to cry. There are tears of great sorrow, anger, and then peace because we know that the Lord is sovereign through these hard times. I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed his daughters with strength to deal with the hardest trials. That precious woman, Susan Godfrey is such a warrior. We will be praying so strongly for her. Thank you for posting.