Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Hygiene & weather according to Emma

I need to document a few more Emma-isms. She's a very articulate 4-year-old, but she still has a few cute little verbal trademarks that we can't bring ourselves to correct. There are also several that we've corrected several times, but apparently they still haven't stuck.

For instance, if you ask Emma about the local forecast, you may hear something like this: "Well, this morning was very froggy, but now it's starting to dribble. And the other day it was hazeling on our house!"

This morning we had a new one. Emma had something stuck in her teeth, so she asked me, "Mommy, can we please go upstairs and sloth my teeth?"

"You mean brush them?"

"No, sloth them."

"Oh! You mean floss them!" I laughed.

"That's what I said...sloth them."

"No, Emma. It's not slothing your teeth--it's called flossing your teeth."

"Oh, ok Mommy. Well then can you please moth my teeth?"

I give up.

1 comment:

Peculiar Blogs said...

it's so great you are writing these down to share them with her later! Then she can ROFL with us!