Whew. It's been a month since my last post. That's got to be some sort of record. I won't promise to get back on the blogging bandwagon, since I have a good reason for falling off: I started using afternoon nap time to do lessons with Emma. Yep, this means that I no longer have that precious 1.5-2 hour break in the day with uninterrupted quiet time. Several things have gone the way of the Dodo in giving up that break, blogging included. But so far, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make in order to not have to worry about keeping the little one busy while I work with Emma. For now, it works.
So, I'll leave you with this little "interview" I conducted with Emma (age 6) and Garfield (age 3.5). I asked them these questions in private, and recorded their answers exactly as they gave them. I thought it was hilarious! Oh, and if you see anything in parenthesis, it's my two cents.
1. What is something mom always says to you?
Emma: I love you.
Garfield: I love you.
2. What makes mom happy?
Emma: For me to play with her hair.
Garfield: For me to clean up everything in our house, and when I be kind to Elizabeth, and when I obey.
3. What makes mom sad?
Emma: When I don’t obey.
Garfield: When I don’t obey you.
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Emma: By tickling me.
Garfield: By being silly.
5. What was your mom like as a child?
Emma: Like me.
Garfield: Baby toys. (We figured out later that he probably thought I asked him what I liked as a child.)
6. How old is your mom?
Garfield: I forgot.
7. How tall is your mom?
Emma: The size of the middle tree in our backyard. (It's about 20 ft. tall!)
Garfield: All the way up to your forehead, but you’re bigger than me.
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Emma: Take a nap.
Garfield: Clean up. And play with swords. (Um, yeah. Sure.)
9. What does your mom do when you're not around.
Emma: Sometimes go some places.
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Emma: Relaxing. (Way to rat me out, Em!)
Garfield: For living with us.
11. What is your mom really good at?
Emma: Writing lists.
Garfield: Cleaning up.
12. What is your mom not very good at?
Emma: Jumping on the trampoline because she has a baby in her belly.
Garfield: Having a poofy dog in your ear. And vacuuming.
13. What does your mom do for her job?
Emma: She helps take care of the kiddos while Daddy’s at work.
14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Emma: Cauliflower w/ cheese.
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Emma: She gives me treats when Garfield goes potty.
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Emma: Kung Fu Panda. (That's me: fat, and into martial arts.)
Garfield: You. And me.
17. What do you and your mom do together?
Emma: Go on Girls’ Day Out.
18. How are you and your mom the same?
Emma: We both have brown eyes.
Garfield: Black hair.
19. How are you and your mom different?
Emma: She has a bigger nose than me.
Garfield: Because I’m wearing grey, and you’re wearing black and blue.
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Emma: Because she takes care of me.
Garfield: Because you take care of me.
21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
Emma: The consignment store.
Garfield: Sea World and the zoo.